On behalf of the Glasser Institute for Choice Theory Northeast Region, we would like to welcome you to our site. Here you will find information about upcoming events, member resources, news and links to helpful information. Please use the “Contact Us” link below if you would like to learn more about Choice Theory, if you are looking for materials or presenters, or if you would like to enroll in training.
The purpose of the Glasser Institute for Choice Theory Northeast Region is to improve the quality of people’s lives and relationships by teaching Choice Theory as it applies to personal development, counseling, education, and management.
We are a non-profit corporation serving the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Want to join the Region or renew your membership?
News & Events
Save the Date: Connecting & Conversing #3 – March 3, 2021
This event will be held on Zoom and is open to Northeast members and GiFCT members who reside in the Northeast. Watch for more information.
Past Zoom Events
Connecting & Conversing #1 – September 1, 2020
Members of the Northeast Region and GIFCT members living in the Northeast met on Zoom to reconnect and process the experience of living through the pandemic. Sixteen people renewed old friendships and made new acquaintances and Sue Tomaszewski facilitated a lively discussion using a variety of humorous cartoons and questions.
Connecting & Conversing #2 – December 1, 2020
Membership Business meeting – November 17, 2020
In the current fiscal year, three (3) full scholarships of $500 each are available to be awarded. Depending on applications, a partial scholarship of $250 may be awarded. One full or two partial scholarship(s) will be awarded within each 4-month block of time (see table below). Applications for scholarships should be made 3 or more months before the anticipated training per the following guidelines. Exceptions will be considered if funds are available.
- Block 1: Submit scholarship requests between April and July for training in August through November.
- Block 2: Submit scholarship requests between August and November for training in December through April.
- Block 3: Submit scholarship requests between December and March for training in May through August.
- Depending on when you apply, you could get up to 90 days advance notice of a scholarship. It depends on how early you apply.
- If a scholarship or partial scholarship is not awarded in one block, it will be available in the next block.
- Scholarship funds will be reviewed at the WGI US Northeast Region annual business meeting and will be subject to renewal by membership at that time for the coming year.
Click on image to read bio
Vice President & NE Representative
These short entries are meant to be memes, quotes, graphics, visuals of any sort that represent &/or remind us of Choice Theory in some way. You are welcome to submit your “Nuggets” using the “Contact Us” button.
“You don’t have to be the boss to be a leader. You can be in a leadership role in any seat that you’re sitting in.”
– Stacy Cunningham, President NYSE
“If you choose not to find joy in the snow, you will have less joy in your life, but still the same amount of snow.” @mindfulfitnes
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”
– Viktor E. Frankl